Vitamin D is a vitamin that is essential for optimal functioning and health along with bone structure and bone health. We have all heard that. But, in fact Vitamin D is a fat soluble vitamin that acts as a hormone and this book “The Vitamin D Solution” is a great source of information on how to “Cure Our Most Common Health Problems”
I just completed reading:
The Vitamin D Solution: A 3-Step Strategy to Cure Our Most Common Health Problems Paperback – February 22, 2011
- Vitamin D is produced in the skin when you have direct sunlight of sufficient intensity.
- First, if you living anywhere North of the Latitude of Los Angeles California then you will not be able to obtain sufficient sunlight for up to 6+months per year to enable your skin to produce Vitamin D.
- Do not worry, you can produce enough Vitamin D during the sunny months.
- I looked into this book after learning how common Vitamin D Deficiency is with Crohn’s Disease.
- Supplements can supply the body with Vitamin D; however, in my case I am unable to take the Vitamin D supplements because I cannot digest them due to my Crohn’s Disease. Therefore, I was pleased to read this book to obtain knowledge about obtaining my Vitamin D through small amounts of sun exposure.
Check with your doctor before making any changes in your sun exposure habits or taking any supplements. This is not medical advice, you should always consult with your doctor before making any health related changes or decisions.